The Engineered Products Manager promotes and services ADS products throughout the assigned territory. This role increases sales and acceptance of ADS products with the engineering community, regulators, contractors and owners. The EPM provides training, education and technical support. Generate specified projects, conversions and approvals to facilitate an increase in the specification database (Salesforce) and sales revenue of all assigned ADS Products.
What you'll be doing in this role:
- Daily calls on design firms and regulators to generate new projects, conversions and gain approvals as necessary.
- An average of 10-20 physical calls per week.
- Average 1-2 Lunch and Learns and/or professional organization presentations per week.
- Work with State and local DOT, DEP, County and Municipal agencies, Sanitary Districts, Water Management Districts, Civil Site Designers, etc.
- Enter and track all projects in the Salesforce (CRM) database.
- Review and coordinate layout requests for assigned products with internal engineering support and external stakeholders.
- Enter new request for layouts in Salesforce and provide the basic information necessary to start the process.
- Provide accurate project information to minimize the calls required by the Engineering Services Department
- Update projects to reflect an accurate status and to deal with conversions of projects to competition.
- Projects in Salesforce with a valve of 100k+ should be updated on at least a monthly basis.
- Additional data such as contacts, project notes, approval objectives (MBOs), etc. are also required to be entered and managed in Salesforce.
- Product Application Knowledge
- Must maintain a complete understanding and application knowledge of all assigned product lines.
- ADS SaniTite HP and HP Storm polypropylene pipes
- StormTech Chambers
- ADS Pipe for Retention / Detention
- Water Quality Products
- Allied Products including but not limited to Nyloplast, FlexStorm, Inserta-Tee & DuraSlot
- ADS N-12 HDPE pipe
- Products Service
- Responsible for being on site or arranging for trained alternative ADS personnel to attend specific product installations when conditions warrant.
- Attend pre-construction meetings or called site meetings
- Product application training with installers especially with newly introduced products.
- Monitoring and tracking of high profile installations.
- Internal and External Relationships
- Act as the technical resource for the ADS field team in your territory. This would include project generation and updates, product knowledge and application, training, project conversions and approval objectives.
- Work with all available departments using a “Team approach” within ADS to accomplish your objectives.
- Work in concert with the sales and sales management team to protect and secure projects. Facilitate pricing inquires to insure that products you represent are competitive. Product pricing procedures will be developed and introduced by your manager and Product Category Directors. Act with a sense of urgency.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key engineers and regulators in your territory. Join and attend functions of the key industry organizations in your territory, i.e. ASCE, ICSC, APWA, WEF, etc.
- Identification, organization and coverage of local trade shows for specific product lines will be your responsibility. Spending approval needs to be obtained from your manager and or the product GM’s. In most cases, the cost for these efforts should be shared between products you represent in your territory.
- Business Planning and Communication
- Develop a yearly Action Plan for each product with MBO’s that support the action items. Review and modify these MBO’s as necessary to achieve the objective in a timely matter. These plans should be developed with input from the ADS Regional and Zone manager(s) in your territory.
- It is imperative that you communicate on a regular basis with the ADS sales and management team in your territory. This way they can share their priorities, thus assuring you work in concert on timely issues.
- Regional Engineer (RE) Specific Responsibilities
- Obtain new & enhanced written approvals for pipe
- Target agencies with high growth & high potential of success
- Pre-qualify needs & promote solutions with HDPE, PP or both
- High frequency of “touches”; Build broad coalition of support
- Get ADS pipe specified on Capital Improvement Projects (CIPs)
- Identify projects & track progress in Salesforce
- Build strong, influential relationships with design engineers
- Stay involved in the project (sold & installed)
- Technical support for local sales team
- Field investigations
Education: Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Experience: We are looking for 5 years in engineering or technical sales experience.
Although our products are typically underground and go unnoticed by most people, we come to work every day to provide society cleaner, more sustainable, longer lasting water management products that allow people to continue to live their lives comfortably and healthy.
ADS products prevent fields from eroding and homes from flooding. They keep crops growing, roads and airports in use and prevent contamination of local waterways. The work we do is highly valuable to society and vitally important to our environment, our planet, our health and our quality of life. Learn more here.
With a history of breaking new ground and advancing our industry, Advanced Drainage Systems seeks talented people looking to make an impact on a growing, dynamic company. Since our founding, we've built ADS into an industry leader thanks to the work of associates who recognize the vital importance of water management.
Living a healthy, well-balanced life with the ability to achieve success –- professionally, financially and emotionally -- is what ADS team members want for themselves, and what ADS wants for its team members.
Thank you for your interest in our company and this opportunity!